Monday 11 August 2008

Ludacris, T.I. 'Wish You Would' Believe There's No Beef Between Them





Forget the feuding, make history, acquire money. Jay-Z and Nas taught us that secret to success a couple of years ago, and now deuce of the other biggest names in hip-hop are following in their footsteps. Ludacris and T.I. seem to deliver kicked their storied competition to the side of the road. The deuce appear on Luda's new record "Wish You Would."






"Surprise, n---a. It was bandaged to befall sooner or later," 'Cris says, starting the song. "They ain't ready for this," Tip chimes in. The duet speak about people stressful to dishonor them, and why no one can buoy put a dent in their success.


"Yeah, I went green and 26s on the hybrid/ Smoke so much super C that I can't open up my eyelids," Luda slings in his low gear verse. "Wake up in London, go to sleep on Atlanta time/ Still, my paint got more candy than your valentine."


"I'm fly enough to fly away," Tip raps afterward. "Trouble, I don't diffident away/ From it, I annihilate suckas in their driveway/ In church on Sunday morning, praying 'bout what happened Friday."


'Cris and Tip have had identical competitive backward and forward for the past few years, once even appearance on the same birdsong (Young Buck's "Stomp") and dissing each other. Last year, Tip had a well-documented physical altercation with Luda's director Chaka Zulu during one of the events surrounding the BET Awards. Surprisingly, a few days earlier T.I. got arrested previous last yr in Atlanta, he and Luda appeared onstage together in a club, and everything seemed all love. During a recent appearance on MTV Jams' "The Parker Report," Tip told host Erik Parker that he and 'Cris did indeed have a spirited hip-hop tilt at times, but that it was no real beef.


While "Wish You Would" caters more to the streets, "What Them Girls Like," some other record of Luda's that just came out, is a radio song featuring Chris Brown.


"Also, my man Sean Garrett is on there," 'Cris told MTV News a couple of weeks ago at Comic-Con. "Basically, we're naming everything girls like, in a song. So when you hear it, you'll realise exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't know what girls like, then I'm going to tell you in this song. I'm going to let you know precisely what they like, just give you a couple points. It's going to help you with the entire pillow of your life. That's what it's going to help you with for sure."


The moment single hasn't been announced as of yet, but Luda said he's still working.


"We're in the plant of doing a whole lot of very creative stuff," he added. "The whole album, Theater of the Mind � every song is a moving picture. That's essentially how it comes down. I don't even experience 'features' on the album. The get-go single is not even 'featuring' Chris Brown and Sean Garrett, it's 'co-starring' Chris Brown and Sean Garrett. That's what I have on this album. ... It's all-stars, basically. It's co-starring people because it's a moving-picture show. Every song is a movie creatively and conceptually. I cerebrate people are definitely going away to infer that this is something that was very creatively put together. It took a arcminute, but every song is very serious."


Theater of the Mind is scheduled for an October 21 release.







More info